We have "Snack Days" at work (frequently but that's ok!), and Donna, an old co-worker, is known for her Cinnamon cream cheese coffeecake. Whenever we have a Snack Day or Bake Sale, they are one of the first items to sell out. I haven't made these in years, but I thought these would be a yummy dessert to bring to a BBQ tonight. They are quick, portable, and a finger food. I hope you enjoy it!
(2) pkgs Crescent rolls (reduced-fat is fine)
(2) 8-oz pkgs Cream cheese (reduced-fat is fine)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 metal pan with cooking spray.
2. Cover the bottom of the pan with 1 package of Crescent rolls. Make sure to spread the crescent rolls over the entire bottom of the pan, pinching the perforated sections together:
3. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and 1 cup of sugar; Mix well until light and fluffy. Spread over the rolls.
4. Cover cream cheese mixture with 2nd package of crescent rolls, ensuring it's completely covering the cream cheese mixture (like in Step #2).
5. Drizzle melted butter on top.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon over the butter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Cool and chill to serve.