I had never been much of a Chicken Salad fan, but when my mom opened up her cafe (Flying Cranes Cafe- Cleveland, OH), she insisted I try her creation... and I couldn't stop at just one sandwich. It's now become a favorite in our home, and my DB can't get enough. It's easy to prepare, and has just the right flavor for a creamy, scrumptious chicken salad.. with hardly any "special" ingredients. How much more simple can you get? The Craisins provide a subtle sweet flavor, and the celery gives it a great crunch. Make sure to toast your croissant for extra yummy buttery goodness. Your taste buds will go wild!
3-4 Chicken breasts, boiled or Rotisserie chicken
Salt, dash (to add to boiling water)
Pecan nuts, toasted and chopped
Celery, thinly sliced
Sour cream- fat free is fine
Garlic salt (less, if using already-seasoned rotisserie chicken)
Croissants or Ciabatta bread
Swiss cheese, sliced
Tomato, thinly sliced (optional)
1. In a medium pot, boil water with a dash of salt. While the water is prepping, de-fatty chicken breasts.
2. Once the water is boiling, boil the chicken for 20-25 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle.
3. Remove the water and let the chicken cool.
4. Once the chicken has cooled, place the chicken in a food processor until it is fine in texture.
5. In a large bowl, add chicken, pecans, Craisins, celery, mayo, sour cream (1/2 of measurement of mayo), garlic salt & pepper.
6. Toast your bread, top it with cheese, lettuce, and a slice of tomato, and add your chicken salad.