I wanted something easy yet healthy to cook dinner tonight, and this recipe was recommended by Jen&Louie as a "must try"- and it was so good! My DB had 2 healthy servings of this dish. What I loved was that it contained ingredients I had on hand, easy to prepare, flavorful... and HEALTHY. The succulent chicken had the nice, deep woodsy rosemary flavor, and the raspberry preserves and balsamic vinegar gave the chicken a nice contrasting sweet flavor. I served this dish with Rosemary roasted potatoes. What a great combination.
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp salt, divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot.
2. Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
3. While the onions are cooking, sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper over chicken.
4. Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
6. Add preserves, vinegar and pepper to pan, stirring constantly until preserves melt:
7. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Tip: The easiest (and least messy) way to pound chicken is to place the chicken breasts in a gallon-size Ziploc bag, remove all air, close the bag, and pound away using a meat mallet- no mess and no flying chicken parts!
Source: Cooking Light