I know these are normally made with oyster crackers, but using Cheese-Its brings this salty snack to a whole new level of YUM. (Seriously.) I love the Ranch Oyster Cracker recipe, but I L-O-V-E this recipe! I got this recipe from Vicki (a co-worker) when we had a potluck at work one afternoon, and I kept grabbing and munching on these snacks. Vicki was nice enough to let me have the recipe. My DB is heading to Chicago this weekend and I'm packing up a "snack bag" for him- and thought this would be a good salty crunch while he's driving though the cornfields of Ohio.
3/4-1 cup vegetable oil (I used 3/4 cup)
1 packet (1 oz, or 3 Tbsp) Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Salad Dressing Mix
1/2-1 tsp dill weed (I used 1 tsp dill)
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
16-oz box Cheese-It crackers (I used 13.7-oz box)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with foil.
2. Add vegetable oil to a large bowl. Whisk in Ranch Seasoning Mix.
3. Add dill weed, lemon pepper, and garlic powder to the mixing bowl. Whisk well.
4. Add the box of Cheese-Its to the bowl. Make sure you mix well so seasoning is on all crackers.
5. Place the seasoned crackers in a single layer on your lined cookie sheet, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes.
** Once cooled for 10 minutes, I placed my baked crackers into a gallon Ziploc bag and placed them in the fridge to accelerate the cooling process.