8 ground beef patties (2-lb) (We made 3 Angus beef patties)
8 kaiser rolls, split (I used 3 whole-wheat buns)
2 tomatoes, each cut into 8 slices (I used 1 tomato)
8 Kraft singles (I used 3 slices)
Seasoned sauteed onions
2 Tbsp olive oil (I used 1 Tbsp)
3 sweet onions (2-lb) (I used 1.0-lb sweet onion)
1/4 cup Miracle Whip (I used 1/8 cup Miracle Whip Light)
3 Tbsp A-1 Steak Sauce (I used 2 Tbsp A-1 sauce)
1. Grill the beef patties. When the burger is near the desired temperature, place the cheese on top, and grill until warm and melted.
2. Meanwhile, slice the onions thinly into rings.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add the onions, separating them as you add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Stir in Miracle Whip and steak sauce.
5. Fill rolls with tomatoes, burgers, and onion mixture.
Source: Adapted from Kraft Food and Family magazine (Summer 2009, page 30)