Hash Brown Quiche
4 cups shredded frozen hash brown, thawed and drained
4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 sausage roll (I used Bob Evans Zesty Hot spicy sausage)
1 large onion, diced
5 large eggs
1 cup half-and-half (or use 1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup heavy cream)
1-2 dashes of Tabasco hot sauce (I use 12-15 dashes)
1 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Sour cream (for garnish)
Frank's Red Hot (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Gently press the hash brown between paper towels to dry them as best as possible.
3. Using a 2-qt baking dish, spray the interior with cooking spray. Add the butter to the dish and melt butter for 1:15 minutes in the microwave, until melted.
4. Toss the hash browns with the melted butter.
5. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine took 22 minutes) until golden brown and starting to crisp.
7. While the potatoes bake, cook the sausage roll in a large sauté pan. Crumble it down while cooking.
8. Once the sausage is mid-way cooked, add the diced onions to the sauté pan, and cook until sausage is browned, and onions are slightly tender.
9. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and beat lightly.
10. Combine the sausage/onion mixture and remaining ingredients (half-and-half through pepper).
11. When the hash brown crust is ready, pour the egg mixture over it, and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Return the quiche to the oven.
12. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for approximately 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.
13. Top with dashes of Frank's Red Hot and a dollop of sour cream.
Double Meat (aka. The Dave)- Spicy sausage, Ham, Onions, Cheddar cheese
Ultimate Meat- Sausage, Ham, Bacon, Onions, Pepper-Jack cheese
Ham & Onion- ¾ cup diced cooked ham, ½ cup diced green onions, Cheddar or Swiss
Ham & Pepper- Ham, bacon, bell pepper, onions, Cheddar, Monterey-Jack cheese
Bacon & Cheddar
Steak & Swiss
Mexican- Sausage, Pepper-Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, green chiles, onions- top with dollop of sour cream, salsa, avocado
Spicy Cajun- Spicy Cajun chicken breast, mushrooms, Monterey-Jack cheese, onions
Veggie- Onions, mushrooms, celery, zucchini- top with tomatoes and sour cream
Bacon, Avocado, Monterey-Jack cheese- top with sour cream and salsa
Roasted red peppers, Feta cheese, Spinach- top with black olives, red onion