1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
For the Cheesecake swirl:
8-oz cream cheese, softened (I used reduced-fat cream cheese)
1/3 cup sugar
6 Oreo cookies, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
3. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar with a spoon until smooth and well blended. Gently stir in in the chopped Oreo cookies.
5. Using a spoon, spoon the cream cheese/Oreo mixture in nine evenly-spaced dollops on top of the brownie batter. Using a dull knife or icing spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture with the brownie batter. Remember, less is more here.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes (I baked for 35 minutes) or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and the batter in the center of the pan feels just set. 7. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Source: Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker