A pair of scissors
1. Start with a piece of parchment paper with a diameter that is larger than your (bottom of) cake pan, and fold it in half (L to R).
2. Take the spine and put it on the bottom, and fold that piece in half (L to R) again.
3. Take the upper LEFT corner of the paper, and fold it over towards the bottom RIGHT hand corner to create a triangle. It doesn’t need to hit the corner, as long as it is parallel to the edge. There may be some excess, but not to worry!
4. Take this angled edge and fold it over so that it is parallel with the bottom edge, creating a skinny triangle.
5. In order to fit your round cake pan perfectly, take your cake pan and turn it upside down so the bottom of the pan is facing up.
6. Take the skinny point of the triangle and put it in the center of the pan.
7. Cut the parchment paper where it hits the edge of your cake pan.
8. Open up the paper, and it will now fit your pan perfectly!