While I never quite got into the Cincinnati-style chili, my DB loves it. I’ve tried so hard to enjoy this dish with him, but alas, it’s just not for me… but I am definitely an anomaly in Cincinnati! If you’re ever in the Cincinnati area, you’ve got to try it out yourself and see!
Here is a quick and easy dip dish that is a staple in many Cincinnati homes and parties... Skyline Chili Dip!
(2) 8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
15-oz can Skyline Chili
¼ cup diced onions (optional)
12-oz mild shredded cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread softened cream cheese evenly over a 2-qt baking dish.
3. Pour Skyline Chili over the cream cheese layer.
4. Top with diced onions and shredded cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve with tortilla chips (or any chips you desire).