8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese , shredded or coarsely grated
6 ounces (12 Tbsp) butter, at room temperature
4 scallions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (1 pound) loaf ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally
1. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, combine the cheese and butter. Process until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the scallions and pulse until combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of the bread.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
7. Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into 1-inch thick slices and serve.
Source: Giada de Laurentiis