It was a comforting meal- cheesey, creamy, warm, with a hint of heat. I made this with Latin Rice, which was AWESOME!
Check out this creamy goodness...
1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped (Roughly 1/2 bell pepper)
1/2 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp oregano (Will add 1 tsp next time)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder (Will add 1/2 tsp next time)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (Will add 1/2 tsp next time)
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup Monterey-Jack cheese, divided
2 cups Pepper-Jack cheese, divided (Shredded an 8-oz block of cheese)
1/2 cup sour cream (Used fat-free)
1 Tbsp butter
1-1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped (Drain chopped tomatoes on paper towel to reduce amount of liquid added to pan)
8 (9-inch) flour tortillas (Used 100% whole-wheat, low-carb tortillas)
1. Sauté red pepper, onion and green pepper in the butter until crisp-tender (approximately 3-4 minutes).
2. Add oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, cream and flour; blend well. Continue cooking for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted.
4. Add sour cream, stir to blend. Set aside.
5. In another skillet, melt the 2 Tbsp butter. Sauté shrimp and chopped onions until the shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp and chop; return to butter and onion.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and 1/2 of the cheese sauce.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp mixture into each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top of shrimp mixture. Roll up tightly.
8. Arrange seam side down in a 13x9 glass baking dish.
9. Spoon remaining cheese sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Yield: 5 enchiladas
Source: Chef Mommy