The ingredients include pantry staples:
a) Chicken- you can use bone-in, skin-on, or boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
b) Taco seasoning- hot & spicy or regular
c) Salsa- chunky or smooth, mild/medium/or hot
d) Cream of... soup- any flavor you have or want!
e) Sour cream
f) You can add any vegetables you'd like
Dump all the ingredients together, set your crockpot, and voila- you're done and have a warm, healthy meal waiting for you. This is something I wouldn't serve guests but a great option for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The chicken comes out fork tender and so moist! I used Hot & Spicy seasoning and paired it with Medium salsa, since we like the extra kick. This makes a lot of sauce, so we paired this with Creamy Cilantro-Corn Rice, which was a good accompaniment.
1 onion, chopped coarsely
1-1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning (Used Hot & Spicy)
4-oz can diced green chiles
1 can cheddar cheese soup or Fiesta Nacho cheddar cheese soup (Campbell's)
12-oz Salsa (this is my favorite)
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
Topping- Chopped cilantro, green onions, shredded cheese, diced avocados
1. Add the onions into the bottom layer of your slow cooker.
2. Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetable layer.
3. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top.
4. In a small bowl, mix green chiles, soup, and salsa. Add on top of seasoned chicken.
5. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
6. Stir in sour cream until warm. Top with desired toppings.
Source: Spark People