The biscuits are rolled out to act as a crust that is filled with eggs, crumbled bacon, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, and onions. Even if you don’t have these ingredients on hand, you can customize to what you do have. I am looking forward to trying them out with a hash brown/cheddar cheese combo, sausage/cheddar combo, etc. 2 of these biscuit cups will be enough to fill you up, so make a plate of these for your family, friends, and co-workers for a delicious and hearty breakfast on the go.
5 slices bacon
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz) (Used 2-3 Swiss cheese slices)
2 Tbsp chopped green onions (2 medium) (Sautéed ½ medium onion, chopped)
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
4. Gradually add milk and eggs, beating at low speed until smooth.
5. Stir in Swiss cheese and onions. Set aside.
6. Separate dough into 8-10 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5” rounds.
7. Place 1 biscuit round in each muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/4-inch rim.
8. Place half of bacon in bottom of dough-lined muffin cups. Using a cookie scoop helped here.
9. Spoon cheese mixture evenly into cups.
10. Bake 21 to 26 minutes (mine cooked for 25 minutes) or until filling is set and edges of biscuit cups are golden brown.
11. Sprinkle each with remaining bacon; lightly press into filling.
12. Remove biscuit cups from pan.