I wanted a way to dress-up regular crescent rolls, and decided to make my butter festive with a hint of taste. (We were so hungry by the time we ate, I forgot to take a picture of the cran-orange butter, sorry!)
8-oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter, softened
2-3 Tbsp whole berry cranberry sauce
1 tsp grated orange peel (since my cranberry sauce had orange in it, I omitted this)
For the rolls
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Brush each roll lightly with beaten egg.
3. Bake crescent rolls according to package directions.
For the Cranberry-Orange butter
7. Meanwhile, in a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy- approximately 3-5 minutes.
8. Gradually beat in cranberry sauce and orange peel.
9. Serve warm rolls with cranberry-orange butter.
Make ahead tip: You can make the Cranberry-Orange butter up to 2 days in advance. Allow to get to room temperature for serving.
Source: A Piggly-Wiggly original