1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
½ cup water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 onions, chopped
1 can (15-oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 bay leaf
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup (4-oz) reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, or can use 1 Tbsp dried basil
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, add water, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance.*
3. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
4. Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, artichoke hearts, and bay leaf until tender, approximately 12-15 minutes.
5. Add garlic and kosher salt, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
7. Use a large fork to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl.
8. Toss with the sautéed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil.
9. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
* Short on time? Here is a blog post that shows you different methods to cook spaghetti squash- from microwaving to using your slow cooker.
Source: Adapted from All Recipes