16-oz package of Oreo cookies
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Fat-free is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (Semi-sweet chocolate chips are fine)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (Used white chocolate chips to add color)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a 2-qt baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Set aside 6 Oreo cookies for the topping. Coarsely chop the cookies into chunks and set aside.
4. In a small food processor, grind the remaining cookies. (If you don’t have a food processor, just pound with a rolling pin until the cookies are fine crumbs.)
5. Add the salt to the crumbs and stir to combine.
6. Melt butter and gently stir together with the cookie crumb mixture.
7. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
8. Over a double boiler or in the microwave (1 minute), melt 3/4 cup semi-sweet and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips together with the condensed milk and vanilla. Stir frequently until smooth.
9. Spread evenly over the prepared cookie crust.
10. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips and the Oreo cookie chunks over the top of the filling. Press down gently into the chocolate topping.
11. Bake for 20-22 minutes oven. (Since I used a smaller baking dish, I baked mine for 30-35 minutes.) Allow to cool on counter for 1 hour.
12. Chill in fridge until completely cold and set before cutting into bars or it will make a big mess.
*These are not too great hot from the oven but are great after chilling and the filling has set!
Source: From Baking Blonde, as seen on Stephanie Cooks