1-lb fresh, ground spicy pork sausage (or use regular pork sausage and add 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes)
1 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
8-oz package cream cheese
(2) 8-oz packages refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute onion until soft and transculent.
3. In the same skillet, lightly brown the sausage, and drain.
4. While sausage mixture is still hot, add cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Cool completely.
5. Separate crescent rolls and arrange into two rectangles.
6. Form log of sausage mixture lengthwise down center of each rectangle. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on top of the sausage mixture.
7. Fold over the long sides of pastry to cover sausage log.
8. Place on top of parchment-lined cookie sheet, seam down. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
9. Bake 20 minutes until crust is golden.
10. When completely cooled, slice into one and one-half inch slices.
Source: Adapted from All Recipes