Edited on 12/30/09: I gave this recipe to my co-worker Sharon- her family raved about it. Score! Her boyfriend Rob came up with a more creative name for this recipe: Since the bacon tends to "shrivel" the cracker in the middle, the appetizer resembles a bowtie- thus came the (more appropriate title) "Bacon Bowties". Thanks to Rob for naming this!
Bacon (regular, not thick-sliced)
Grated Parmesan cheese
Optional alternative: Brown sugar (in replacement of Parmesan cheese)
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet fitted with a rack, lay crackers (as many as you want) face up.
3. Scoop about 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese onto each cracker.
4. Cut your package of bacon in half and- carefully so the cheese doesn't fall off- wrap each cheese-covered cracker with a halved bacon slice, completely covering the cracker. (It should fit snugly around the cracker.)
5. Bake for about 2 hours. (I like my bacon somewhat crispy, so I baked mine for 2 hours and 10 minutes.)
Yield: 37 snacks (1# of bacon, halved, yielded 37 pieces; Used 3/4 sleeve of Club Crackers)
Source: Pioneer Woman