A warm (and belated) thanks to Dorothy at Fuzzykoala's Caketastic Adventures for awarding me the Kreativ Blogger Award! :) My first Blogger award- thank you for thinking of me Dorothy! I am so honored, and this nomination made my day.
Ever since I started this cooking blog in April 2009, I've been relying on many others' blogs to help with questions, recipes, reviews, and getting to know the blogger themselves. Without the many of you who I follow, I wouldn't challenge myself nearly to try new recipes and techniques. Thank you!
Here are the rules: Reveal 7 things about yourself, then pass the award on to 7 other blogs you feel are deserving of the title "Kreativ Blog" (and hope they continue to pay it forward). Without further adieu:
Here are 7 facts about me
1. Japanese was my first language, and English was my second.
2. I was born and raised in both the US and Japan, going to school for 11 out of the 12 month year since I was 6 yrs old.
3. I love the way laundry smells right out of the dryer. (I am a self-admitted laundry junkie.)
4. I love, love, love the show "Friends". So much so that when I was in NYC, I called the operator looking for Central Perk. (I was 14 years old- I was WAY gullible.)
5. I wake up in the middle of the night with tasks I need to do- if I don’t write it down, I get paranoid and can’t fall back asleep. If I do get up and write it down, then I can’t fall back asleep. It’s a lose-lose situation.
6. Cooking and baking relaxes me, but if I had to choose one? I would cook (since I am not a sweets person.)
7. I feel so blessed to have Darin in my life- he is so generous of himself and loves me unconditionally.
Here are 7 bloggers who I would like to nominate
1. Bake at 350- Her artistic royal icing skills are incredible... and incredibly beautiful
2. Gina's WW Recipes- Delicious and creative food... that are health-conscious too
3. Lisa Oh- An amazing friend and talented photographer
4. 17 & Baking- To be 17-years-old, and this talented
5. Smitten Kitchen- Worldly reknown, but would still like to nominate Deb for her creative writing and delicious food
6. Picky Palate- I love how her recipes are originals- her creativity is endless
7. Annie's Eats- Another well-known food blogger, but I use her royal icing instructions religiously (she's so creative!)