1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Additional granulated sugar (about 2 Tbsp)
~7 dozen Hershey’s Kisses milk chocolates
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed.
3. Stir in flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (we used a small cookie scoop.
5. Place additional granulated sugar in a narrow plate or bowl. Roll the dough balls in the granulated sugar.
6. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 7 minutes or until edges are light brown on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookie.
9. Return the pan to the oven for an additional 2 minutes, or until the chocolate kisses are slightly melted.
10. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Yield: 80-85 blossoms (10-oz Hershey's Kisses bag yields ~63 kisses)
Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker