8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or green onions
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne) or to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Whole peppercorns (eyes, mouth, buttons)
1 baby carrot (nose)
Mini pretzel sticks (arms)
Serve- Crackers, Chopped up vegetables (carrots, celery sticks)
1. Mix cream cheese spread, Cheddar cheese, chives, almonds and red pepper until well blended; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Divide mixture into 3 different-sized balls (1 small, 1 medium and 1 large).
3. Coat with Parmesan cheese.
4. Arrange on serving platter in a line to resemble a snowman lying down. (Largest ball should be at bottom of serving plate for base of snowman. Smallest ball should be at the top for head of snowman.)
5. Decorate with peppercorns for the eyes and mouth.
6. Add carrot for the nose, and pretzel sticks for his arms.