1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup pecan halves
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; add oil, and stir.
2. Add pecans and toss until well coated.
3. Bake at 350 on a sheet for 12-15 minutes. (You might want to stir/toss them at the half way point.)
4. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 small shallot, minced
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside.
8 cups Mixed Salad Greens (Used fresh baby spinach)
6 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2 Bartlett Pears, cut into 1/4" slices
Black pepper, to taste
1. Combine salad greens and dressing in a large bowl and toss.
2. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates.
3. Sprinkle each with cheese, pecans, and black pepper.
4. Top with pear slices and serve.
Source: Originally from Eat Drink Smile, as seen on Erin’s Food Files