I love Brie cheese and was looking for a unique topping to place on top of the Brie. Since I was bringing this for a New Year's Eve celebration, I thought the brandied pecans would be the perfect accompaniment. The first step of this recipe is to "marinate" the pecans in brown sugar and brandy. Allow the flavors to marry for 24 hours, and your topping is ready. Melt the brie cheese, add the topping, and allow it to bake for a few more minutes- and voila! Appetizer is complete, and it couldn't be easier.
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or pecans
1 Tbsp brandy
1 (14-ounce) round brie (Used 8-oz wheel)
Apple wedges, for serving
Pear wedges, for serving
2-3 Tbsplemon juice
Crackers, for serving
1. In a small bowl stir together the sugar, nuts, and brandy. Cover and chill for at least 24 hours or up to 1 week.
2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
3. Place the brie on an ovenproof platter or pie plate. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the brie is slightly softened.
4. Spread the sugar mixture in an even layer on top of the warm brie and bake for 2-3 minutes longer, or until the sugar melts.
5. Brush the fruit wedges with lemon juice and arrange them around 1 side of the brie. Place crackers around the other side.
Source: Paula Deen