1-1/4 lb. chicken tenderloins, cut into 1" pieces
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
4 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb. orzo
1 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
2 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. In a sauce-pan bring broth, water, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a boil. Keep a close eye- you don't want to boil too long or you won't have enough liquid for your pasta.
3. In a 3-qt (13x9) baking dish, combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest and juice. Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate.
4. Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 40 minutes. (Since we halved the recipe, we baked it for 25-30 minutes.)
5. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Originally from Everyday Food, adapted from Lemons and Love