1 Tbsp vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
1 pound ground sirloin
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 sack yellow corn tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops
1 sack, 10 ounces, shredded yellow Cheddar
Sour cream, garnish
2 scallions, chopped
1. Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add oil then beef, and begin to brown and crumble with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper, then add onions, Worcestershire, chili powder, and cumin. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes more.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Arrange corn chips on a platter or in a casserole dish. Top the chips with the cooked chili topping. Cover the chili dog sauce with cheese.
6. Melt cheese under hot broiler, 2 minutes, until melted and bubbly.
7. Garnish with sour cream, salsa and chopped scallions.
Source: Adapted from Rachael Ray