This is a Rachael Ray recipe specially to make with children, so invite your young loved one and have some fun in the kitchen!
Crunch, Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
1 cup corn flakes
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground allspice
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1-1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey mustard (recommended: Gulden's)
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1. Preheat the oven on to 375 degrees F.
2. In a pie pan or other shallow, large dish, pour out the corn flakes. Crush the cereal up with your hands.
3. Mix in bread crumbs, sugar, salt, pepper, and allspice.
4. Drizzle about 3 Tbsp vegetable oil evenly over the breading, tossing and turning it to mix the oil all through the bread crumbs and crushed-up corn flakes.
5. Cut the chicken fingers into tenders, 2-inch pieces.
6. Turn the chicken in flour, eggs and then in the special crunchy breading.
7. Arrange the chicken tenders on a nonstick baking sheet. Place the chicken tenders in the oven and cook 20-22 minutes or until crisp and brown all over.
8. Mix together honey mustard and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Serve hot chicken toes with honey mustard and barbecue sauce for dipping.
Source: Adapted from Rachael Ray