Chelle’s Soft and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Microwave butter for 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Do not worry if it is not completely melted.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beating just until combined (do NOT overmix!). Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate dough for 15-30 minutes.
6. Drop by rounded spoonful (cookies scoops are great for this) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just brown and middle is not quite set yet. Cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Yields: 3-1/2 dozen cookies
Source: Brown Eyed Baker