Friday, July 30, 2010
With a recipe name like this, how can you not make it?
I love s’mores, and when I saw how easy this was, I jumped at the chance to make it. These brownies have a chocolaty brownie base, topped with a layer of graham crackers, then Hershey bars, and finally a layer of marshmallows, which is then topped with more brownie batter. This was absolute heaven!
S’mores Stuffed Brownies
1 box brownie mix (and whatever other ingredients you need to make the brownies according to the box)
Hershey bars (around 5 or so)
Mini marshmallows (about 1-1/2 cups)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make brownie batter according to box instructions.
3. In a greased 8x8 pan, layer half of the brownie batter, top with whole graham crackers (a single layer), then Hershey bars, then marshmallows; top with remaining brownie batter and spread evenly over the marshmallows.
4. Bake for 40-55 minutes, or until the brownies start to pull away from the edges a bit. Inserting a toothpick won’t be much help, due to the melted Hershey bars.
5. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Source: Picky Palate
Picture courtesy of Picky Palate