Wednesday, August 18, 2010
This cookie combines a triple delight- Peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies- in 1. The texture of the cookie resembled a peanut butter cookie- the edges were slightly crackled and had a light, buttery texture- and each bite had the delicious goodness of chocolate chip and oatmeal. The cookies were chewy and moist, yet light and airy at the same time. A great mix for a yummy cookie!
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the egg and beat to combine.
5. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined.
6. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
7. Use a large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. The cookies won't look done, but they'll continue to bake on the hot baking sheets out of the oven. If they are slightly brown, the edges look just set and they are puffy in the middle they are ready to come out!
8. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yields- 14-16 cookies
Source: Brown-Eyed Baker