Wednesday, September 29, 2010
DB and I were in the mood for pizza, but just wanted to vary the flavors a little. I love going to Annie's blog because she has amazing recipes with beautiful pictures. Of course, she had this pizza listed in her blog and I thought it was be a great and easy quick dinner. I altered it to what I had on hand and we loved the flavors. If you don't have the exact ingredients listed below, you can definitely substitute to what you do have on hand. For instance, you can definitely use mozzarella, monterey-jack, or pepper-jack cheeses, you can omit the bacon, or use rotisserie chicken if you're in a hurry.
While I am still a red sauce pizza gal, this is quickly my 2nd favorite way to have pizza! I would definitely recommend making your own homemade crust (a blog update will be coming soon...), but ready-made crust will work just fine in a pinch. You can usually pick up ready-made pizza crust at your local Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or your local grocery store.
Chicken Ranch Pizza
¼ cup Ranch dressing
¾ cup shredded Pepper-Jack cheese (Mozzarella is fine here)
½-1 grilled chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces (Rotisserie chicken would work well)
1 tomato, seeded and diced
2-3 green onions, chopped
4-6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven and a pizza stone to 500° F. Allow the stone to heat for at least 30 minutes. (Alternatively, follow your ready-made crust's instructions.)
2. In the mean time, cut a round of parchment paper the size of your pizza stone. (Alternatively, use a pizza peel.) Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal or semolina flour.
3. Gently roll out the pizza dough into a large circle, leaving a thicker ring around the edge for the crust.
4. Spread the Ranch dressing in a thin layer evenly over the unbaked crust.
5. Sprinkle with shredded Pepper-Jack cheese.
6. Top with grilled chicken, tomato, green onions, and chopped bacon.
7. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
8. Once assembled, carefully transfer the parchment round and pizza to the preheated baking stone and return to the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned.
9. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Source: Originally from AllRecipes, As seen on Annie's Eats