This is a classic Rice Krispie treats dessert. So easy, and brings back memories of eating this as a child. Everyone has their own basic recipe, and this is mine. Most people think it is odd that I add milk to this recipe, but trust me- this will make your bars soft and achieve the perfect chewy texture. I never make it without adding the milk!
I made these specifically to make my Snackadium to celebrate Fantasy Football:
Rice Krispie Treats
• ½ cup (8 Tbsp) butter
• 8 cups mini marshmallows* (16-oz marshmallows)
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2-1/2 tsp milk
• 10 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1. Using a butter-flavored cooking spray, spray a 13x9 baking dish**.
2. Melt butter in LARGE saucepan or 5-qt dutch oven over low heat.
3. Add marshmallows and vanilla, and stir until melted and well-blended. Remove from heat. Melt marshmallows and butter very slowly; don’t let it brown or get too hot. Should NOT be bubbling. Stir constantly.
4. Add milk, and mix well.
5. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
6. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. (I used a buttered wax paper to press the cereal down, and it worked well.)
7. Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares when cool.
* Note: Don’t sub Marshmallow Crème or Fluff- your treats won’t set up.
** Note: For the Snackadium, I used a jelly roll pan so I would have enough treats to create a “barricade” around the stadium. If you want thinner treats, I would recommend you use (2) 13x9 pans.
Yield: 22 bars, or 15 THICK 1-3/4” bars