Monday, September 27, 2010
True to its name, this banana bread is very moist- and it contains NO OIL! The moisture comes from the (reduced-fat) yogurt and very ripe bananas. You can make it your own by adding chocolate chips, dusting it with cinnamon sugar, or just keeping it plain and simple. I opted to make all 3 flavors using my mini-loaf pans. Enjoy!
Here is a close-up of the Banana Bread with chocolate chips:
Here is my trifecta of breads- Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon Sugar-dusted:
Very Moist, Healthy Banana Bread
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 RIPE bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (not sugar-free) (I used 6-oz Kroger brand CarbMaster reduced-fat yogurt)
6 Tbsp melted butter
Add-ins: Chocolate chips, Cinnamon sugar (optional)
1. Preheat to 350. Line muffin tin with liners.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients.
3. Beat together the bananas, yogurt, eggs, and melted butter in a large bowl.
4. Fold dry ingredients and any add-ins into wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Bake in greased loaf pan for 55 minutes. (I baked mine in 3 mini-loaf pans for 35 minutes.)
Yield: 3 mini-loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan
Source: Seconds for Satisfaction