Monday, October 25, 2010
These muffins are addicting! It is so easy to continue popping these muffin bites into your mouth. The flavors mesh really well together, very quick to prepare, and only takes 10-12 minutes since they're mini muffins. At first, I was contemplating adding the entire bag of butterscotch chips, but I am glad I didn't- they are already rich enough!
Here is a mini muffin close-up:
Mini Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
1/2 cup (8 Tbsp) melted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and butterscotch chips into a large bowl. (Adding the butterscotch chips to the dry mixture prevents them from sinking to the bottom.)
3. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl.
4. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. (Batter will be very thick.)
5. Pour into each well of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
6. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes. (Mine took 12 minutes to bake.)
Yield: 40-42 mini muffins
Source: All Recipes