Quinoa with Roasted Garlic, Tomatoes, and Spinach
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained (it is important to rinse quinoa to wash off any residue which can be bitter in taste)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp shallots, chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 bulb roasted garlic (about 6 cloves), chopped
1 small tomato, seeds removed and chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Rinse the quinoa well.
2. Heat olive oil in a pot. Add shallots and red pepper flakes, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add quinoa and stir for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add wine and stir until absorbed (wait until you see how the quinoa jumps around in the pot when liquid is added!!).
5. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cover. Let simmer until broth is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
6. Once the broth has absorbed, stir in the roasted garlic, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese.
7. Serve immediately.
Source: Mary Ellen’s Cooking Creations