A summer classic you can make all year round. The chicken thighs are marinated in a rosemary-honey mustard vinaigrette and then grilled. The chicken had a remarkable flavor with the tanginess from the vinegar, and the woodsy flavor from the fresh rosemary. Chicken breasts are a healthy option, but we loved the flavor from the chicken thighs. It’s easy for weeknights too- we marinated the thighs before we left for work, and grilled them when we returned. All the flavors blended really well, and we served this with a light salad and fresh veggies.
Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 lemon
1. Combine the garlic, oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt, and rosemary in a shallow dish or large ziploc bag.
2. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Allow to marinate chilled for at least one hour or, up to 24 hours.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Grill chicken thighs 5-7 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 165 has been reached. Remove from grill and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Allow to rest 10 minutes, then top with the juice of 1/2 a lemon before serving.
Source: Originally from Southern Living, September 2008, As seen on Pink Parsley