Photo courtesy of Spice of Life
The sweet apple jelly and hot horseradish pair well with the salmon. This was a delightfully light and easy salmon recipe, and one of my favorite ways to cook salmon. I think it would be perfect to grill on a cedar plank when the weather is warmer.
Apple and Horseradish-Glazed Salmon
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- (4) 6-oz salmon fillets, skin removed
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the jelly, chives, horseradish, vinegar, and ¼ tsp kosher salt.
3. Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
4. Sprinkle salmon on both sides with remaining salt and pepper.
5. Lay in a single layer, being careful not to crowd, and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Carefully flip the salmon fillets, and brush the tops with half the glaze.
7. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until the meat flakes easily with a fork.
8. Remove from oven and brush with remaining glaze. Serve immediately.
Source: Originally from Cooking Light, As seen on Pink Parsley