I love this recipe to incorporate some vegetables without the normal crudités. The hummus tastes fantastic with the cucumbers, and it’s my favorite way to eat them. I would highly recommend a melon baller (here is a cheaper alternative)- they’re now easily located in the cooking/baking aisle of larger grocery stores, and it definitely helps making the “cups” go smoothly.
Hummus in a Cucumber Cup
- 2 English cucumbers (English cukes have a more dense center, an eatable skin, and won't fall apart)
- 1 container of hummus (here is my recipe, but any store bought one is fine)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (I used a jarred version)
1. Cut the cucumber into approximately 1 inch pieces. You want them to be thick enough to hold enough hummus, but not too thick so they are bite-sized.
2. Using a melon baller scoop out the inside to make a little cup.
3. Next, fill up the cup with a teaspoon of hummus.
4. Top with the sliver of bell pepper.
Source: Leslie Sarna