Yummy and incredible easy- Darin made this for me one evening, and it took him under 30 minutes to prep and cook this tenderloin. The pork tenderloin is rubbed with the seasonings, and a sweet & savory crust forms on top. The pork turned out amazing, and tasted absolutely delectable.
This delicious sugar crust took this dish from great to fantastic:
Island Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pork tenderloins (a little over 1 pound)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp hot sauce (Tabasco)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and cinnamon and coat pork with spice rub.
3. Heat oil in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat until just beginning to smoke. Brown pork on all sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove from heat.
For the Glaze and to roast the Pork
1. While the pork is browning, stir together brown sugar, garlic and hot sauce.
2. Once you remove pork from heat, spread glaze onto top of each tenderloin.
3. Roast in oven until thermometer inserted in center of tenderloin registers 140 degrees, about 20 minutes.
4. Tent with foil and let pork stand in skillet at room temperature 10 minutes. (Temperature will rise to about 150-155 while standing.) Slice and serve.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Originally from The Gourmet Cookbook, As seen on Bakin’ And Eggs