A quick and savory appetizer that will definitely be different than what everyone else will be bringing. I brought these to a work snack day and they were well-received. I love them since they’re portable- but beware- you can’t stop at just one sausage ball. Co-workers kept popping more and more sausage balls- They are just that addicting. I originally used maple sausage, but both DB and I agreed it would taste even better with spicy sausage, and just a tad more milk to make them moist.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 pound spicy sausage roll (raw, not cooked)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½-3/4 cup whole milk (I used ¾ cup but will increase to 1 cup next time), just until there weren’t any dry spots
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep a shallow-rimmed baking pan with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (it’s easiest if you have a Kitchen Aid mixer – use the dough hook), roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the balls are golden brown.
4. Cool completely.
Source: Adapted from Sing For Your Supper