This recipe is a comfort meal for me. The sauce is made up of quartered artichoke hearts and diced tomatoes in a creamy light Parmesan sauce. An easy recipe to make during the weeknight, and we paired it with marinated chicken breasts to add some protein for a well-rounded meal.
Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5-oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 pound thin spaghetti
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives (or other herbs), chopped
1. Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Stir and cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Cook spaghetti till al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and chicken broth.
5. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste (do not undersalt!). Cook over low heat until heated through, then turn off heat.
6. Place drained pasta in a large bowl.
7. Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
8. Pour sauce over the top.
9. Add chives.
10. Toss lightly to combine and coat; add a tiny bit of reserved pasta water if sauce seems too thick.
Source: Adapted from Pioneer Woman