You essentially saute the pork tenderloin medallions and then add the sauce ingredients and voila- you are done! Keep in mind that 1-1/4 cups apricot preserves is nearly a full jar of preserves. I used one that was an all-fruit preserves and it packed a great apricot flavor. This also made a lot of sauce (yum)! I paired it with some rice and a salad for a super easy and super quick weeknight meal.
Pork medallions cooking away in the ginger-soy sauce
- 1# pork tenderloin
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil (We use Kadoya brand)
- 1-1/4 cups all-fruit apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp chopped pickled ginger (I used 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger)
1. Cut the pork into 1/2" thick rounds and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and sear each side, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the preserves, tamari sauce, and ginger, and simmer about 5 minutes.
Source: Originally from Robin Miller, as seen on Sweet Beginnings