She explained to me how she made it and replicated it at home. The pot roast turned out flavorful and fork tender. You could definitely taste a bit of the stout beer which I really liked, and it is a nice change from the usual cream of mushroom and onion soup mix version. It doesn't replace my favorite pot roast recipe but it's definitely worth sharing with others.
- 3 to 3-1/4# chuckeye roast
- Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 2 large yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 5 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 5 carrots, roughly chopped
- Good Seasons Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 bottle of beer (I used a dark stout purchased from Trader Joe's)
- Shredded cheese, optional (We like sharp Cheddar Cheese)
- Trim roast of excess fat and silver skin. (Since you're braising this, you won't need or miss the fat.)
- Rub the Italian salad dressing mix into both sides of the roast well.
- Using a crockpot liner, line your crockpot. Place your seasoned roast on the bottom.
- Add the chopped vegetables, and sprinkle the Garlic & Herb seasoning packet.
- Pour the bottle of beer on top, and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
We like to pair pot roasts with our Garlic Cheese Biscuits or pour it over cooked rice and sprinkle some sharp Cheddar Cheese.