Mmmm.... Fresh out of the oven
Colleen's Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Ranch dressing (I use Kroger Ranch dressing)
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- Serve: Tortilla chips, celery sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium pot of water, add the chicken breasts and let it boil for 40 minutes.*
3. While the chicken is boiling, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce in a medium bowl; mix until well combined.
4. Place the cheese mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 pan, and bake it for 10 minutes.
5. Once the 10 minutes are up, stir the mixture and place it back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Once the 10 minutes are up again, remove the pan from the oven and stir. (Leave the oven on.)
7. At this point, the chicken should be finishing up cooking. Remove the chicken from the pot and start shredding.
8. Add the shredded chicken into the cheese mixture, mix well, cover it with foil, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
* Note: For an easier method, I like to cook my chicken breasts in the crockpot while I work, and then make the remainder of the recipe when I get home. I cook the breasts on LOW for 6-7 hours with 1 cup (1/2 can) chicken broth. Perfect every time.
Souce: My co-worker Colleen