This appetizer blew my mind- It only contains 4 ingredients, requires minimal prepwork, and looks so elegant and sophisticated. I served this for a Mary Kay party I hosted and the guests raved about this appetizer. The flavors of the cheese and honey are a perfect combination. I was a little hesitant to try the Gorgonzola cheese (since it has a pungent flavor), but the combination with the honey was perfect, as the honey cuts the harshness of the cheese. Definitely don’t be stingy on the honey though! It was a nice contrast of salty (cheese) and sweet (honey), and resulted in a creamy warm appetizer.
Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey
- 36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz Gorgonzola, sliced
- 3-6 Tbsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
3. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 7-8 minutes.
4. Arrange the cheese on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
5. Drizzle the toasts with honey. (Don't be stingy with the honey...it really makes it)
6. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis