|Photo courtesy of Where Vierzba's Come To Cook...|
Cocktail wieners + bacon + brown sugar = what's not to love? Wonderfully easy too.
- Disposable foil pan (optional)
- 16-oz package of Lil' Smokies (cocktail winers)
- 1 lb bacon (I use regular or maple bacon)
- Brown sugar
- Toothpicks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil (or use a disposable foil pan- makes cleanup so easy!)
- Cut the bacon into thirds, and wrap each smokie with the bacon.
- Arrange each bacon-wrapped smokie on your pan (leave about 1/4" space between each smokie).
- Sprinkle the smokies generously with brown sugar.
- Cook for 45 minutes (until the bacon is cooked and the sugar is melted.)
- Once cooked, I poke each smokie with a toothpick (easier for serving).
Ingredients for the dipping sauce:
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's mayo
- 3 tsp prepared horseradish
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
Directions: Mix all the ingredients together, and serve. (Makes a scant 1 cup of dipping sauce, which is a lot!)
Source: (all over the interwebz)