I know the picture doesn't do this recipe justice, but I love this homemade recipe! It is delicious, just enough hint of garlic, and super easy to make. We keep this salad dressing in the fridge all the time, and a bottle of this lasts me for 2-3 weeks, and I eat salads on a daily basis. I love it, and it's my favorite rendition of balsamic vinaigrette. We like to use these bottles, and the recipe below fits into this bottle perfectly.
Note: We go through so much balsamic vinegar in our home, I buy Costco's balsamic vinegar (Kirkland Signature)- it tastes great.
|Using a measuring cup make it so easy to pour the salad into its bottle|
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp dark brown sugar, optional (we don't put any in, but I have in the past and it adds great flavor)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (we use garlic salt)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large measuring cup (we use our 4-cup measuring cup) or bowl, beat the vinegar with the sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper until the sugar and salt dissolves.
- Then beat in the olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Pour the salad dressing into a glass container (we use these).
If you're not using the dressing right away, keep it in the refrigerator, whisking or shaking again before use.
Source: Adapted from Emeril Lagasse