My favorite salad ever! A simple salad that is easy to prepare with basic ingredients. I love it and have had it almost daily (sometimes for both lunch and dinner) because it is just that good!
This salad is loaded with good fats, protein, vegetables, and antioxidants. I've eaten for lunch and it's filled me up through dinner. Heck, I've eaten it for breakfast because I like it so much. Try it today- you won't be disappointed.
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup baby spring mix (I normally chop up some romaine lettuce)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar*
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place your baby spinach, baby spring mix, tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Lightly toss your veggies with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add your avocado.
- Toss the bacon, eggs, and black pepper.
Bonus tip: Sometimes, I add a bit of bacon grease to the salad. Sounds gross, but oh so good!
* Note: We use this homemade (Paleo-friendly) balsamic vinaigrette recipe.
Source: Adapted from PrimalPal