Since I am trying to cut out whole grains/flour, I found this apple cinnamon muffin recipe that uses almond meal (as a flour substitute). I had never made a recipe like this before so I was intrigued and hopeful it would turn out.
Turn out, indeed. These were heavenly! The mixtures isn't as creamy/batter-like that we're normally used to for muffins, but the texture and flavors were spot on. They are especially good right out of the oven!
- 1 cup almond flour/meal (I purchased mine at Trader Joe's, but Bob's Red Mill brand is a good one too)
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 heaping Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl, and mix well.
- Then add your eggs, honey, diced apple, and coconut oil to the bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Using my large cookie scoop, I filled 9 wells into my silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Yield: 9 muffins