Since I've been trying to remove grains and legumes from my diet, I was on the hunt for a yummy (and Paleo-friendly) dip for our Superbowl party. I've recently ran across this blog and the recipes I've tried have been awesome, and this dip is no exception.
I loved how easy it was (just dump everything into your food processor), and voila! Dip is ready. I would definitely recommend making this the day before your parts (or in the morning for the evening Superbowl) to allow the flavors to mellow and blend.
- 12-14 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt, to taste (I used garlic salt)
- Sweet potato chips (or, make your own)
- Add roasted red peppers and garlic clove into your food processor bowl, and puree.
- Add your walnuts, and puree until it makes a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and puree until your get the consistency you like.
- Place it in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for several hours (or overnight).