The coconut flakes gave this cookie a unique chewy texture, and I also loved the slight crunch from the toffee bits. I can finally say I've found my favorite oatmeal scotchie recipe.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¼ + 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ + 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup toffee bits (I cut up a bar a SKOR bar)
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a Silpat or parchment paper on your cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture, just until combined.
- Stir in oats, butterscotch chips, toffee bits, and coconut flakes.
- Using my medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (I baked mine for 13 minutes.) Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies